Sunday, January 22, 2012

#OWSwest #J20 #SFPD Attacks Innocent Protesters; Officer M. Ali #619 Breaks My Cam



Watch the live stream highlight for better sound quality (matched audio/visual) here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19888839/highlight/234415

See another angle from a fellow live streamer @pixplz who happened to catch this moment here: http://ustre.am/_1lrEW:YZk

During the peaceful #J20 (January 20) Occupy Wall Street West day of action, at approximately 11:00AM, a brigade of motorcycle police ran their bikes into a young woman who was standing near the edge of the street, in the crosswalk. When I aimed the camera in their direction I was attacked by Officer M. Ali, Badge #619.

Officer M. Ali shoved me to the ground, sending my live stream camera onto the rainy street below. Luckily a fellow activist got a hold of my backpack and pulled me away from the aggressive officer. As soon I was back on my feet, I went to pick up my camera. Officer M. Ali was standing over it & stepping on it which shattered the screen. It also looks as if a couple motorcycles ran it over. As I reached down to pick up my camera, Officer M. Ali struck my right knee with his baton, before finally kicking the camera further down the street.

Fortunately there was another person filming from the sidewalk, and he was able to capture the whole scene. Once he is in contact with me, I will share that video as well.

5 comments:

  1. who do we contact to file complaints and tell them what we think of their shite behaviour ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a shame that a member of "law enforcement" didn't illegally escalate violence to violate the personal rights of a citizen participating in a free-speech event. It is interesting to note that individuals who side with authority over protesters and call for violent executions/torture/brutality against a non-violent victim of police brutality often lack the neural capacity to understand what free speech is under that Bill of Rights. No one forced you to read this site. And no one is making fun of your mother, so leave the adolescent slander for your friends at the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did any of you WATCH THE VIDEO??? You (and her) weren't just standing near the street, near the sidewalk. Yuo were actively attempting to block the street and block traffic. Th eonly problem I see is that you didn't go to jail.

    ReplyDelete